Okay, so this response has been a LONG time coming. As some of you may know I took a short break from blogging recently. Life threw me a few lemons, but I’m glad to report that the lemons have been squeezed and lemonade has been made, so I’m hoping to declare myself officially “back” 😀
A huge thanks to Robbie for nominating me for this award. Head on over to her scrumptious blog, Robbie’s Inspiration, where you’ll find the most delicious and creative recipes and writing.
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs *
- Notify those blogs of the nomination.*
- Give them 11 questions to answer.*
*I’ve decided from now on to hold off from nominating other blogs because it’s hard to know who is into the whole award thing and who isn’t.
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT MYSELF
- I took up photography last year.
- When I was a very young child my parents became concerned about the fantastical and detailed “lies” I kept telling. I later learned to put my “lies” on paper, and realized there was a word for them: stories.
- I wrote my first “book” series when I was 8, about a magic garden shed that transported children to another world.
- I love being out on the ocean.
- I like to do my writing snuggled up in bed.
- I like to do my reading snuggled up in bed too 🙂
- I love animals.
- As a child I wrote plays and assigned my classmates to act in them.
- I’m not that into seafood.
- I’m allergic to shrimp.
- I’m too chicken to ride a horse.
What is your favourite children’s book?
I couldn’t possible choose just one. Some names that stand out from my childhood are Narnia, Goosebumps, Enid Blyton and Roald Dahl.
What is your favourite flower?
Board games or computer games?
Books or television?
Depends on my mood,
How do you like to relax?
Snuggle up in my bed and maybe watch or read something.
Which scientist do you think did the most for mankind?
There are so many scientists who deserve our gratitude. I was always taken with the story of Jonas Salk, who worked night and day to develop the first polio vaccine. He refused to patent the vaccine, saving countless lives but forfeiting himself billions of dollars in profit.
Where do you like to go on holiday?
Great Barrier Reef in Australia.
Where would you like to go on holiday in the future?
How do you like to exercise?
Not all all 😀
Would you like to be part of the Mars Project if you could?
There is a song from my childhood that would answer this perfectly. The name and singer were lost to memory, but I searched for years afterwards to find it.
Oh, I’d like to visit the moon
In a rocket ship high in the air
Yes, I’d like to visit the moon
But I don’t think I’d like to live there
Though I’d like to look down at the earth from above
I would miss all the places and people I love
So although I may like it for one afternoon
I don’t want to live on the moon
So if I should visit the moon
Well I’ll dance on a moonbeam and then
I will make a wish on a star
And wish I were home once again
With the advent of Youtube I finally found the song. It turns out the elusive singer was Ernie from Sesame Street 😀
What is your favourite sweet treat?